You know that Half-Blood Prince was supposed to premiere on November 21. It's not going to do that anymore. End of story. But before you freak out about how I'm abandoning my big "Scream-like-a-Mandrake-send-Howlers-to-Warner-Bastards-thing", hear me out. I'm not going to stop sending them Howlers or being angry about this or signing petitions or boycott movies, because I still want the movie to be moved back to November. It's just that it can't be moved back to the 21, because another movie was smart and quick to take it's place. Only a few days after it was announced about the move, the movie Twilight/Om jag kunde drömma took its place. Guess they saw the possibilities in releasing a fantasy movie around Halloween, which Warner Bastards apparently didn't, bless the poor Wasted Barinworks. Yes, Twilight is a fantasy movie, just like Half-Blood Prince, and just like Half-Blood Prince, it's based on a book with the same name. The difference is that the company making the film; Summit Entertainment, actually seems to like their fans and moved their movie so that the fans could see it even earlier than what they would have done otherwise.
Now, of course, when I heard this the first time, I went absolutely ballistic. I promised myself to never even touch a Twilight book or even look towards a movie poster... but of course, as Dumbledore said; even the best of us has to eat our own words sometimes. Of course this is not Twilight's fault. They just saw the opportunity to make their fans happier and took it. But have Half-Blood Prince premiere at another date in November. I mean, it's not like people are not going to see it, because people will. It's Harry Potter, for heavens sake, and as long as it comes out in November, no fans will boycott. Simple, simple.
But I'm getting slightly off the subject. Picture this scenario in your head:
It is November 21. Half-Blood Prince has not been moved back to November. Twilight, another fantasy book going movie, is premiering in it's place.
Tickets are sold out entirely for the premieres. The cinemas are full for weeks and weeks even after the premiere. Summit Entertainment makes millions. Who are the ones that gives away all these millions? Harry Potter-fans.
Now it is July 17. Half-Blood Prince is premiering after eigth months delay. Tickets are not sold out for the premieres. The cinemas are not full for weeks and weeks after the premiere. Warner Brothers makes the smallest amount of money they've ever got from a Harry Potter film. Who are the ones refusing to pay? Harry Potter-fans.
Picture the looks on Warner Bastards face if that were to happen. I promise I'll sleep wonderful with that image in my head.
Lär känna USCs nuvarande styrelse
8 år sedan
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar